My OS X is filled with beginning through intermediate tasks, presented in a thorough step-by-step format, that guide you through learning everything you need to know to use the El Capitan release of OS X. The goal is not to teach you how to type or click a mouse but how to configure network settings, customize your desktop, use built-in apps, optimize battery life, set up backup solutions, and much more.
In My OS X, you will find:
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to OS X photos that show you exactly what to do.
Help when you run into hardware or operating system problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from OS X.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping OS X working just the way you want. The tasks include:
- Managing, arranging, and tagging your files
- Staying informed and productive with Notification Center
- Creating and navigating virtual workspaces in Mission Control
- Opening and organizing apps with Launchpad
- Accessing network devices and resources
- Activating and using iCloud services
- Communicating online with email, instant messaging, and video
- Keeping appointments with Calendar and Reminders
- Planning trips and checking traffic with Maps
- Keeping up-to-date with friends and family via Twitter and Facebook
- Downloading and enjoying music, movies, books, and more
- Sharing purchases with your family
- Challenging your friends to games with Game Center
- Working seamlessly with iOS Devices with Handoff and AirDrop
- Protecting and securing your system and data
- Expanding your system with peripheral devices
- Troubleshooting common system problems
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||110.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Que Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134388724 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|