Numerical Analysis with Algorithms and Programming is the first comprehensive textbook to provide detailed coverage of numerical methods, their algorithms, and corresponding computer programs. It presents many techniques for the efficient numerical solution of problems in science and engineering.
Along with numerous worked-out examples, end-of-chapter exercises, and Mathematica? programs, the book includes the standard algorithms for numerical computation:
- Root finding for nonlinear equations
- Interpolation and approximation of functions by simpler computational building blocks, such as polynomials and splines
- The solution of systems of linear equations and triangularization
- Approximation of functions and least square approximation
- Numerical differentiation and divided differences
- Numerical quadrature and integration
- Numerical solutions of ordinary differential equations (ODEs) and boundary value problems
- Numerical solution of partial differential equations (PDEs)
The text develops students' understanding of the construction of numerical algorithms and the applicability of the methods. By thoroughly studying the algorithms, students will discover how various methods provide accuracy, efficiency, scalability, and stability for large-scale systems.To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Chapman and Hall/CRC|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498741767 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|