When wily animals, everyday people and magical beings come together in a collection of Japanese fairytales and stories, wonderful things are bound to happen!
Bringing Japanese folk stories to the English-speaking world, this book presents eight stories from the popular NHK Japan Broadcasting Corporation's popular radio series Once Upon a Time in Japan. Each story is brilliantly illustrated by a talented Japanese artist. The tales recounted here are among Japan's oldest and most beloved stories. Entertaining and filled with subtle folk wisdom, these retold stories have been shared countless times in Japanese homes and schools for generations. Like good stories from every time and place, they never grow old. Kids (and their parents!) will enjoy hearing these stories read aloud on the downloadable audio.
The fairytales and classic stories in this collection include:
- The Wife Who Never Eatsthe story of a man who learns the hard way the evils of stinginess.
- The Mill of the Seathe story of how a greedy man was responsible for the saltiness of sea water.
- The Monkey and the Crabthe crabs teach a tricky monkey a lesson in fairness and honesty.
- The Magical Hoodan act of kindness reaps great rewards.
- Sleepyhead Taro and the Childrena story about what can be accomplished at the right time, and with the right help and the right spirit.
- The Fox and the Otterhow a fox pays the price of deceit and selfishness.
- The Gratitude of the Cranea story about the rewards of kindness and the danger of curiosity.
- The Tale of the Bamboo Cuttera girl who starts life very tiny turns out to be big in many ways.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||12.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Tuttle Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781462917266 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|