About This Book
- Learn how to apply complex visual effects to images using geometric transformations and image filters
- Extract features from an image and use them to develop advanced applications
- Build algorithms to help you understand the image content and perform visual searches
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for Python developers who are new to OpenCV and want to develop computer vision applications with OpenCV-Python. This book is also useful for software developers who want to deploy computer vision applications on the cloud. It would be helpful to have some familiarity with basic mathematical concepts such as vectors, matrices, and so on.
What You Will Learn
- Apply geometric transformations to images, perform image filtering, and convert an image into a cartoon-like image
- Detect and track various body parts such as faces, noses, eyes, ears, and mouths
- Stitch multiple images of a scene together to create a panoramic image
- Make an object disappear from an image
- Identify different shapes, segment an image, and track an object in a live video
- Recognize an object in an image and build a visual search engine
- Reconstruct a 3D map from images
- Build an augmented reality application
This book will walk you through all the building blocks needed to build amazing computer vision applications with ease. It starts off with applying geometric transformations to images. It then discusses affine and projective transformations and how to use them to apply cool geometric effects to photos. It then covers techniques used for object recognition, 3D reconstruction, stereo imaging, and other computer vision applications.
This book also provides clear examples written in Python for building OpenCV applications. The book starts off with simple beginner-level tasks, such as the basic processing and handling of images, image mapping, and detecting images. It also covers popular OpenCV libraries with the help of examples.
This book is a practical tutorial that covers various examples at different levels, teaching you about the different functions of OpenCV and their actual implementation.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006809678 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|