About This Book
- Get acquainted with a set of fundamental OpenGL primitives and concepts that enable users to create stunning visuals of arbitrarily complex 2D and 3D datasets for many common applications
- Explore interactive, real-time visualization of large 2D and 3D datasets or models, including the use of more advanced techniques such as stereoscopic 3D rendering.
- Create stunning visuals on the latest platforms including mobile phones and state-of-the-art wearable computing devices
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at anyone interested in creating impressive data visualization tools using modern graphics hardware. Whether you are a developer, engineer, or scientist, if you are interested in exploring the power of OpenGL for data visualization, this book is for you. While familiarity with C/C++ is recommended, no previous experience with OpenGL is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Install, compile, and integrate the OpenGL pipeline into your own project
- Create interactive applications using GLFW to handle user inputs and the Android Sensor framework to detect gestures and motions on mobile devices
- Use OpenGL primitives to plot 2-D datasets such as time series dynamically
- Render complex 3D volumetric datasets with techniques such as data slicers and multiple viewpoint projection
- Render images, videos, and point cloud data from 3D range-sensing cameras using the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL)
- Develop video see-through augmented reality applications on mobile devices with OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenCV
- Visualize 3D models with meshes and surfaces using stereoscopic 3D technology
This book provides a series of easy-to-follow, hands-on tutorials to create appealing OpenGL-based visualization tools with minimal development time. We will first illustrate how to quickly set up the development environment in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Next, we will demonstrate how to visualize data for a wide range of applications using OpenGL, starting from simple 2D datasets to increasingly complex 3D datasets with more advanced techniques. Each chapter addresses different visualization problems encountered in real life and introduces the relevant OpenGL features and libraries in a modular fashion.
By the end of this book, you will be equipped with the essential skills to develop a wide range of impressive OpenGL-based applications for your unique data visualization needs, on platforms ranging from conventional computers to the latest mobile/wearable devices.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006799740 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|