About This Book
- Explore 342 new features of software development with the new and updated OpenStack Juno
- OpenStack Juno, the tenth release of Openstack has 342 new features in the Juno version.
- Install, configure, and administer core projects with the help of Openstack Object Storage, Block Storage, and Neutron Networking services
- Harness the abilities of experienced OpenStack administrators and architects, and run your own private cloud successfully
- Practical, real-world examples of each service and an accompanying Vagrant environment that helps you learn quickly
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at system administrators and technical architects moving from a virtualized environment to cloud environments; who are familiar with cloud computing platforms. Knowledge of virtualization and managing Linux environments is expected. Prior knowledge or experience of OpenStack is not required, although beneficial.
What You Will Learn
- Understand, install, configure, and manage Nova—the OpenStack Cloud Compute resource
- Configure ML2, networks, routers, and Distributed Virtual Routers with Neutron
- Use and secure Keystone
- Install and set up Swift and Container Replication between datacenters
- Get familiar with Horizon, the OpenStack dashboard user interface
- Automate complete solutions with our recipes on Heat, the OpenStack Orchestration service
- Use Ansible to automate OpenStack installations successfully
OpenStack is the most widely used open source cloud platform. The OpenStack software is designed to control huge pools of compute, storage, and networking resources across multiple datacenters. Backed by a strong ecosystem, hundreds of the world's top brands trust OpenStack to run their businesses.
In this book, the authors take a no-frills approach to show you how to install, operate, and troubleshoot a scalable OpenStack implementation. You will gain hands-on experience in each of the core OpenStack services (Nova, Neutron, Cinder, Swift, and more). The third edition of the OpenStack Cookbook includes updates for the Juno and Kilo releases, new sections for Ceilometer, and expanded operations coverage.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006799726 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|