About This Book
- Build and manage virtual switching, routing, and firewall-based networks in OpenStack using Neutron
- Develop plugins and drivers for Neutron to enhance the built-in networking capabilities
- Monitor and automate OpenStack networks using tools like Ceilometer and Heat
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at network and system administrators who want to deploy and manage the OpenStack-based cloud and IT infrastructure. If you have a basic knowledge of OpenStack and virtualization, this book will help you leverage the rich functionality of OpenStack Networking in your cloud deployments.
What You Will Learn
- Operate OpenStack Networking for public and private clouds
- Configure advanced routing services for your workloads
- Secure data traffic using the firewall-as-a-service capabilities of OpenStack
- Discover how to leverage VXLAN to implement SDN in your OpenStack cloud
- Monitor virtual networks using Ceilometer
- Develop plugins to enhance and customize OpenStack Networking
- Provide HA and VPN connectivity for your virtual machines
- Troubleshoot and solve common problems with OpenStack Networking
OpenStack Networking Cookbook is full of step-by-step recipes to configure and manage the networking aspects of your OpenStack cloud. In addition to covering the basic configurations involved in OpenStack networking, this book will explore the built-in capabilities of Neutron to effectively deploy cloud solutions. You will begin with the most fundamental constructs of OpenStack Networking, used for switching and routing. You will then learn how to provide your tenants with services such as firewalls and load-balancers. The step-by-step recipes will help you configure and troubleshoot networking problems in your cloud. This book will also introduce you to advanced topics such as Ceilometer, Heat, and other upcoming tools in OpenStack.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||15.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007153619 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|