Exploit the power of dynamic cloud formation and auto-scaling features to fully implement OpenStack orchestration
About This Book
- Set up, manage, and troubleshoot Heat and effectively automate your datacenter and cloud-based services
- Achieve high availability, minimize down-time, and automate the deployment of cloud-based services and resources with minimum effort
- Upgrade your skills and manipulate resources on virtual machines in an unattended fashion using Heat
Who This Book Is For
If you are a System Engineer, System Administrator, Cloud Administrator, or a Cloud Engineer, then this book is for you. You should have a background of working in a Linux-based setup. Any knowledge of OpenStack-based cloud infrastructure will help you create wonders using this book.
What You Will Learn
- Install an orchestration service for a private cloud environment
- Tackle errors that show up during the installation and configuration of heat
- Configure a template for orchestration using the native HOT format
- Configure a template for orchestration using the AWS cloud formation format
- Deploy a stack using the HOT template
- Deploy a test stack using the AWS CloudFormation template
- Automate and orchestrate cloud-based services with OpenStack Heat
This book is focused on setting up and using one of the most important services in OpenStack orchestration, Heat. First, the book introduces you to the orchestration service for OpenStack to help you understand the uses of the templating mechanism, complex control groups of cloud resources, and huge-potential and multiple-use cases. We then move on to the topology and orchestration specification for cloud applications and standards, before introducing the most popular IaaS cloud framework, Heat. You will get to grips with the standards used in Heat, overview and roadmap, architecture and CLI, heat API, heat engine, CloudWatch API, scaling principles, JeOS and installation and configuration of Heat. We wrap up by giving you some insights into troubleshooting for OpenStack.
With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and supporting images, you will be able to manage OpenStack operations by implementing the orchestration services of Heat.
Style and approach
The book is a step-by-step guide to implementing an orchestration (cloud formation) service for OpenStack-based cloud environments. This book uses real-world scenarios and examples to demonstrate the procedures in an easy-to-understand language with plenty of screenshots to help you get a better understanding.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785282966 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|