Optimal Sports Math, Statistics, and Fantasy provides the sports community-students, professionals, and casual sports fans-with the essential mathematics and statistics required to objectively analyze sports teams, evaluate player performance, and predict game outcomes. These techniques can also be applied to fantasy sports competitions.
Readers will learn how to:
- Accurately rank sports teams
- Compute winning probability
- Calculate expected victory margin
- Determine the set of factors that are most predictive of team and player performance
Optimal Sports Math, Statistics, and Fantasy also illustrates modeling techniques that can be used to decode and demystify the mysterious computer ranking schemes that are often employed by post-season tournament selection committees in college and professional sports. These methods offer readers a verifiable and unbiased approach to evaluate and rank teams, and the proper statistical procedures to test and evaluate the accuracy of different models.
Optimal Sports Math, Statistics, and Fantasy delivers a proven best-in-class quantitative modeling framework with numerous applications throughout the sports world.
- Statistical approaches to predict winning team, probabilities, and victory margin
- Procedures to evaluate the accuracy of different models
- Detailed analysis of how mathematics and statistics are used in a variety of different sports
- Advanced mathematical applications that can be applied to fantasy sports, player evaluation, salary negotiation, team selection, and Hall of Fame determination
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2017|
|ISBN: ||2370007817832 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|