About This Book
- Explore the key concepts, goals, and objectives of API Management and learn how to implement it using the Oracle API Management Solution
- Understand the concepts and objectives of the Application Service Governance (ASG), along with the governance framework that encompasses people, processes, and technology
- Get to grips with API Management readiness assessments, gap analysis, digital reference architecture, and implementation roadmaps
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects, Technical Architects, and SOA and API Consultants who want to successfully implement API Management using Oracle API Management solution products.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how to manage a set of APIs
- Discover the similarities and differences between API Management and SOA Governance, and where and how these two disciplines converge into Application Services Governance (ASG)
- Learn about ASG and how to define an ASG Governance framework
- Understand the challenges for organizations looking to expose APIs externally. Identify common issues and how to solve them
- Define an Oracle API Management deployment topology
- Install, configure, and implement Oracle API Catalog (OAC), Oracle API Manager (OAPIM), and Oracle API Gateway (OAG)
- Learn about API subscriptions and API community management with the OAPIM portal
- Implement Oracle API Manager (OAPIM) including the creation, publishing, management, and deprecation of APIs
Oracle SOA Governance is a comprehensive, service-orientated Governance solution that is designed to make the transition to SOA easier. API Management is the discipline that governs the software development lifecycle of APIs.
This book illustrates how to successfully implement API Management in your organization. It starts by describing all of the fundamental concepts of API Management and related disciplines, such as SOA Governance and DevOps, in order to dispel the confusion surrounding these topics. The book then takes you on a journey through implementing API Management, using a realistic case study of an organization that needs an API Management solution. The book concludes by providing some tips and guidelines for defining a deployment topology for Oracle API Management products and the steps to install them.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||16.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841951 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|