This volume pulls together a wealth of up-to-date information on the toxicology of this diverse and ubiquitous class of insecticides. Leading experts review the reactivity of organophosphorus compounds with cholinesterase, as well as their metabolism and biological effects on humans and other nontarget organisms. The book not only covers the anticholinesterase actions of organophosphates, but also other, presumably independent, effects, such as teratogenicity, delayed neuropathy, immunotoxicity, and behavioral toxicity.
* Offers crucial overviews of chemical and biochemical reactivity and biological responsiveness of mainly nontarget organisms
* Reviews new developments in assessment of metabolism and disposition of organophosphorus compounds
* Examines organophosphorus compound-induced toxicity mediated by mechanisms other than
inhibition of acetylcholinesterase
* Covers new research on differences in toxicity induced by the variety of organophosphorus
* Analyzes current controversies on the relevance of certain biochemical parameters in actual organophosphate toxicity in vivo
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||52.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||9780080917269 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|