This third issue of "Other Stuff" contains The Hildebrandt Experience: The Weird Works of Dale A. Hildebrandt. From stories in search of an effect (such as Greek Sneezes) to fully blown routines such as the coin trick "At Your Service", you are sure to find something to inspire you to greater heights.
The issue starts off with Greek Sneezes--a story in search of an effect. Also contained are:
Ear of Van Gogh: This mysterious replica of Van Gogh's ear finds the correct painting.
Super Serial Silliness: A slight spin on the serial number revelation.
New Age Bandage: Magic with symbols.
The Black Box Recordings: A unique presentation for an old psychological force.
A Sweet Subterfuge: A new take on an old effect that utilizes sugar cubes and a stooge.
Wipe Out Revisited Twice: A Magician In Danger Routine, with a knife in one tube and the other tube being empty. A flip of a poker chip decides the magician's fate!
Paul Is Dead: A retro themed effect using the once popular "Paul Is Dead" rumor.
An Exploration Of A Principle: For those of you who loved Psychotaps in "Risk & Reward", here are some more presentations using the same method.
Mesmerless Magnets: Cause a magnet to lose its magnetic power in your kitchen!
Upside Down Frown: A great way to practice a certain mentalist's tool.
The Emotion Jar: Possibly the strongest effect in the magazine!
Restroom Signs: An interesting take on the lowly Boomerang Cards (found in many beginner's sets) brings this effect into an interesting context.
The Joke's On Me: An interesting presentation for a torn and restored lottery ticket.
1st edition 2006; 43 pages
- Introduction (and an Apology)
- Greek Sneezes - a story in search of an effect
- Ear of Van Gogh - this mysterious replica of Van Gogh's ear finds the correct painting
- Super Serial Silliness - a slight spin on the serial number revelation
- New Age Bandage - magic with symbols
- The Black Box Recordings - a unique presentation for an old psychological force
- A Sweet Subterfuge - a new take on an old effect that utilizes sugar cubes and a stooge
- Wipe Out Revisited Twice - a Magician In Danger routine, with a knife in one tube and the other tube being empty; a flip of a poker chip decides the magician's fate
- Paul Is Dead - a retro themed effect using the once popular "Paul Is Dead" rumor
- An Exploration of a Principle - for those of you who loved Psychotaps in "Risk & Reward", here are some more presentations using the same method
- Fingers of Time
- Surreal Cereal
- Soda or Pop?
- Stamping Grounds
- Conjure Canvas
- Mesmerless Magnets - cause a magnet to lose its magnetic power in your kitchen
- Upside Down Frown - a great way to practice a certain mentalist's tool
- Coffee Coin – a coin is found using a previously bent and restored spoon
- Flipbook – a flipbook is used to animate a cartoon hand and coin; a doll hand and coin are then produced
- From Penny to Pebble – a novelty penny to stone effect
- Washing Machine – a shrinking half-dollar effect
- At Your Service – a service bell and four coins make impossible journeys
- Count Glove – a more visual Martin Gardner finger counting trick
- Styling and Profiling – a comedy bit
- Nice and Naughty – a Hot Rod routine
- Crossing the River Styx – a combination of two old bits
- Sign of Beast – combination of a coin slide and Ashes on Palm
- You Have Mail – there are three reveals in this effect: the spectator’s address in magnetic letters on a mailbox, a description of the spectator is found inside along with a return address the spectator was thinking of moments earlier
- Nail Thru Hand – an effect inspired by the Nailed Nickel to Forehead
- Wizard’s Wishing Ring – a presentation for the Haunted Matchbox
- Restroom Signs - an interesting take on the lowly Boomerang Cards (found in many beginner's sets) brings this effect into an interesting context
- The Joke's On Me - an interesting presentation for a torn and restored lottery ticket
- Rubbed the Wrong Way – the name on a tombstone rubbing changes to a spectator’s name
- A Bit Dated – the date on a coin rubbing changes to that of another spectator’s coin
- Rube’s Cube – an idea for a phase of a Rubik’s Cube routine
- Wishbend – an idea using a bent wishbone
- The Laser of Sir Henry Cavendish – a half-dollar changes to an English penny
word count: 10228 which is equivalent to 40 standard pages of text
This product is listed in the following category:Magic > Magazines & Comics > Other Stuff
This author has products in the following categories:Magic > Magazines & Comics > Other Stuff
Magic > Mentalism & Spiritism
Magic > Mentalism & Spiritism > Bizarre
Magic > Magazines & Comics > Cramp