Do you want to stop worrying, but don't know how?
Expert counselor Dr. Norm Wright provides practical advice on how to spot, face, and conquer fear in this easy-to-understand book. His down-to-earth, practical advice backed by over four decades of Christian counseling experience will help you successfully combat negative thought patterns with the Word of God and effectively maintain a positive outlook on life through prayer and positive self-talk. Includes clear explanations and practical advice on how to stop worrying.
When anxiety robs you of sleep, when worry saps your energy, and when fear captivates your thoughts, it is easy to feel helpless. But you do not have to remain a prisoner of fear, anxiety, or stress any longer.
- Find out the difference between helpful and unhelpful fear
- Recognize the true causes of fear and how to overcome them
- Learn practical ways to break patterns and habits of anxiety and worry
- Discover your source of peace, security, and freedom
See how the fear of rejection, fear of failure, and even our genetics can impact whether or not we worry about a situation. Then, discover how the Word of God, prayer, and a positive outlook can help you break that pattern of fear.
4 Key Features of Dr. Norm Wright's Overcoming Fear and Worry
Expert Advice Explained in an Easy-to-Understand Way
When you feel on-edge and drained by worry, the last thing you need is a book that's un-relatable and hard to read. Enjoy having this easy-to-understand, 112-page book that covers what you need to know in a conversational way! Using stories, life illustrations, and clear explanations, Dr. Norm Wright writes in a way that makes you feel as if he is speaking straight to you. Weaving his experience as a counselor with the Word of God, he gives expert and trustworthy advice.
Provides a Solid Overview of the Characteristics and Impact of Fear
Get answers to key questions, such as: What is fear? What causes my fear? How can I overcome fear? How does worrying affect my health? What is the difference between fear and worry? What is OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder)? Is it a sin to worry? And more!
Includes Personal Reflection Questions and Exercises that Will Help You Identify the Causes of Your Fear and Anxiety
To truly break free from the prison of fear, you must first identify the underlying causes of your fear and the habits that fuel your anxiety. Throughout this helpful book, Dr. Norm Wright takes you step-by-step through the process of overcoming your fear. He includes practical questions, exercises, activities, and even provides areas for you to write down your responses.
Features Practical Advice Rooted in the Word of God
Enjoy getting practical advice on how to overcome fear along with illustrative examples that will help you apply each suggestion to your own life.
- Find out how to tackle the "what ifs" that can paralyze us with fear.
- Learn how to apply the "principle of replacement," shifting negative thoughts into positive ones.
- Discover 6 key ways to confront your worry and the 2 key ways to break a pattern of fear.
- See what the Bible says about worrying (includes key Bible verses and explains how to effectively wield the Word of God and prayer against fear)
- Personal use/growth
- To give to someone who is struggling with fear and anxiety
- Ministry training tool
- Christian counseling resource
- Supplemental information for a Bible study on fear, worry, or anxiety.
About the Auth
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||976 KB|
|Publisher: ||Aspire Press|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781628620634 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|