Patient Blood Management (PBM) is an innovative clinical concept that aims to reduce the need for
allogenic blood transfusions, cut health-care costs, and avert or correct the risk factors related to
blood transfusion, thus minimizing the rate of side effects and complications. This comprehensive
hands-on volume offers a three-point approach for the implementation of PBM to improve patient
outcome, focusing on how to prevent or treat anemia, reduce blood loss, and increase anemia
tolerance. The book also goes beyond preoperative PBM, with detailed accounts of coagulation
disorder management and the administration of coagulation products and platelet concentrates.
Patient Blood Management is a guide for clinicians and residents whose patients are at risk for anemia, coagulation disorders, or severe blood loss. Anesthesiologists, surgeons, and specialists involved in the use of blood and blood products can use the book for quick reference or to learn more about a leading-edge concept for optimizing patient safety and improving outcome.
- Presents a clear three-pillar strategy for the application of PBM: diagnosis and treatment of anemia, reduction of peri-interventional blood loss, and optimization of the tolerance to anemia in the everyday clinical setting
- Covers issues such as PBM during surgery, requirements for modern transfusion medicine, ordering blood products, the role of pre-anesthesia clinics, benchmarking processes, and potential implications of PBM in the public health sector
- Overview of research in PBM including landmark studies and current clinical trials
- Boxes in each chapter highlighting key information, core statements, and summaries
- A multidisciplinary and international team of contributors experienced in PBM
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||27.9 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007161652 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|