The new third edition of Pediatric Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disorders provides a modern clinical approach to managing stroke and other cerebrovascular problems in infants, children, and adolescents. Incorporating data from important clinical trials and case series, recommendations from the American Heart Association evidence-based paper on the management of pediatric stroke, and the latest information on new diagnostic techniques, the book offers a comprehensive analysis of the current thinking and practice by three physicians who have vast clinical experience in this challenging field. The third edition of this classic work has been completely updated and rewritten to reflect current science and practice. Covering occurrence, etiology, diagnosis, and treatment, this integrated state-of-the-art text is essential reading for anyone involved in the care of children with suspected stroke or other cerebrovascular abnormalities.
The third edition of this classic work has been completely updated and rewritten to reflect current science and practice. An extensive, entirely new chapter on treatment provides specific guidance on when to use antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants, and thrombolytic agents in children and also includes a section on neurorehabilitation after stroke. An expanded and thoroughly updated diagnostic approach chapter covers the latest applications in stroke imaging such as computed tomography angiography, diffusion weighted MRI, and perfusion CT. The first chapter stresses the etiology and pathophysiology of childhood stroke as the basis for evaluations and treatment.
Features of Pediatric Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disorders, Third Edition Include:
- Comprehensive in scope: detailed analysis of the pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment of cerebrovascular disorders in children with many evidence-based management guidelines
- The third edition has been updated to include recommendations from the AHA consensus guidelines
- All chapters in the third edition have been revised and updated
- An extensive, entirely new chapter on treatment provides specific guidance on when to use antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants, and thrombolytic agents in children
- Stresses the etiology and pathophysiology of childhood stroke as the basis for evaluation and treatment
- Maintains the practical, clinical flavor established in previous editions, with numerous illustrations and useful suggestions for patient care
- Written by internationally known stroke experts: Dr. Roach chaired the AHA panel that produced the consensus guidelines on childhood stroke and Drs. Lo and Heyer have published extensively on stroke and related topics
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||17.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2011|
|ISBN: ||2370007154647 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|