Pediatrics in Systemic Autoimmune Diseases, Second Edition, provides a good starting point for physicians and scientists new to the field and for anyone looking for the most up-to-date summary of a particular disease. While many questions are answered, many more are raised for which we do not yet have the answers. The book provides inspiration to readers conducting their own research and helps to answer their questions.
The care of children with systemic autoimmune diseases is moving forward at a rapid pace. The systemic autoimmune diseases of childhood have always represented a special problem for the physicians and scientists who care for the affected children and study their diseases. Some conditions, such as Kawasaki disease, are virtually unique to childhood, while systemic lupus erythematosus, progressive systemic sclerosis, and juvenile onset spondyloarthropathies may be thought of as the early onset of the same disease which is seen in adults. The autoinflammatory disorders appear to be of clear genetic origin, accounting for their frequent discovery in childhood. For many other conditions, such as juvenile dermatomyositis, the relationship between the conditions seen in children and that seen in adults is less certain. This book explores these phenomena, giving users a foundation on which to understand certain diseases.
- Includes completely updated chapters and five new chapters
- Explains the differences in systemic autoimmune diseases seen in children vs. those seen in adults
- Covers the latest advances in pathogenesis and clinical management of common conditions seen in pediatric rheumatology practices, benefiting both pediatric and adult rheumatologists, as well as physicians from other specialties
- Brings the reader up-to-date and allows easy access to individual topics in one place
- Provides the latest information available in a format that would give the clinician both a clear understanding of what has been done in the past and a scientific basis for deciding what to do for the next afflicted child in their care
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.9 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007553600 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|