Peering Carrier Ethernet Networks starts with providing background information on the evolution of important concepts and building blocks that have led to the current state of high bandwidth and high performance Ethernet technology in order to support current and emerging customer applications.
The background information covered includes an overview of Public Switched Telephone Networks (PSTN) to describe circuit switching, multiplexing, and voice digitization that lead to the development of T1/T3 and SONET/SDH for transport. It interleaves these developments with changes in the regulatory regime. It also covers the evolution of various important building blocks in data networks as well as the development of Hybrid-Fiber-Coaxial (HFC) networks and wireless networks, and describes how the multifarious access modes are helping in the growth of customer base while the convergence in backhaul is helping to meet the increased demand for bandwidth and to reduce latency and jitter, and eliminating the limitations of supporting multiple protocols.
Additional coverage includes:
- Carrier Ethernet networks technical standards, which describe how service providers can offer services to "off-net" customers using peered Carrier Ethernet networks
- Description of the taxonomy of customers and their current and emerging applications at Layer 2 and Layer 3 on peered Carrier Ethernet networks
The book concludes by describing some next steps in the Ethernet technology, peering Carrier Ethernet networks and OSS/BSS systems to meeting the growing demands and emerging trends
- Detailed coverage of end-to-end services across wide area data networks
- Consolidates in one ready reference the latest applied research in this rapidly evolving field
- Provides the context, advantages, and industry standards for peering Carrier Ethernet networks
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Morgan Kaufmann|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780128092491 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|