This book integrates findings from across domains in performance psychology to focus on core research on what influences peak and non-peak performance. The book explores basic and applied research identifying cognition-action interactions, perception-cognition interactions, emotion-cognition interactions, and perception-action interactions. The book explores performance in sports, music, and the arts both for individuals and teams/groups, looking at the influence of cognition, perception, personality, motivation and drive, attention, stress, coaching, and age. This comprehensive work includes contributions from the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
- Integrates research findings found across domains in performance psychology
- Includes research from sports, music, the arts, and other applied settings
- Identifies conflicts between cognition, action, perception, and emotion
- Explores influences on both individual and group/team performance
- Investigates what impacts peak performance and error production
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006817772 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|