No matter where you are in treatment, what side effects you may be experiencing, or your general fitness level, Pilates is a safe and effective way to help you regain flexibility, power, and endurance while relieving treatment side effects such as lymphedema, fatigue, depression, peripheral neuropathy, osteoporosis, and upper extremity impairment. Naomi Aaronson and Ann Marie Turo, occupational therapists and certified Pilates instructors, show you how to use exercises to:
- Strengthen arms and shoulders and regain your range of motion.
- Reduce pain and swelling and stretch tight areas affected by scars.
- Build core strength and back stability, especially important after TRAM or DIEP flap breast reconstruction surgery.
- Improve balance and coordination.
- Make it easier to perform basic daily living tasks.
- Release stress and boost energy.
Including programs that can be done lying down, seated, or standing, Pilates for Breast Cancer Survivors will help you achieve maximum wellness, now and throughout your journey living life after cancer.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Health|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||2370006810032 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|