As a plot, Cards Across is fairly simple and direct. It's a transition effect where a number of cards - usually three - magically travel from one packet to another. There are methods that use gimmicked cards, others use purely sleight-of-hand.
This manuscript is an exploration of subtle methods based on Stewart James' "Pockethereal." Its selling point is that there are no switches or exchanges. The only sleight of hand is the false counts. This put it in a class by itself.
- POCKETHEREAL (Stewart James)
- POCKETHEREAL, MINUS POCKETS (Bert Fenn)
- POCKETHEREAL MINUS POCKETS (Edward Marlo)
- CLARIFIED PACKETHEREAL (Edward Marlo - Jon Racherbaumer)
- DOUBLE DEALING PACKETHEREAL (Gene Castillon)
- BONUS SECTION
- BIDDLING BROWN IN THE ROUND (Edward Marlo)
- BIDDLING BROWN CROSSES OVER (Jon Racherbaumer)
- A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF CARDS ACROSS
- APPENDIX: SWITCHLESS SWITCH
1st edition 2014, 40 pages.
word count: 11549 which is equivalent to 46 standard pages of text