Practical Human Factors for Pilots bridges the divide between human factors research and one of the key industries that this research is meant to benefit-civil aviation. Human factors are now recognized as being at the core of aviation safety and the training syllabus that flight crew trainees have to follow reflects that. This book will help student pilots pass exams in human performance and limitations, successfully undergo multi-crew cooperation training and crew resource management (CRM) training, and prepare them for assessment in non-technical skills during operator and license proficiency checks in the simulator, and during line checks when operating flights.
Each chapter begins with an explanation of the relevant science behind that particular subject, along with mini-case studies that demonstrate its relevance to commercial flight operations. Of particular focus are practical tools and techniques that students can learn in order to improve their performance as well as "training tips" for the instructor.
- Provides practical, evidence-based guidance on issues often at the root of aircraft accidents
- Uses international regulatory material
- Includes concepts and theories that have practical relevance to flight operations
- Covers relevant topics in a step-by-step manner, describing how they apply to flight operations
- Demonstrates how human decision-making has been implicated in air accidents and equips the reader with tools to mitigate these risks
- Gives instructors a reliable knowledge base on which to design and deliver effective training
- Summarizes the current state of human factors, training, and assessment
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006368212 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|