Practical Recording Techniques covers all aspects of recording, perfect for beginning and intermediate recording engineers, producers, musicians, and audio enthusiasts. Filled with tips and shortcuts, this hands-on, practical guide gives advice on equipping a home studio (whether low-budget or advanced) and suggestions for set-up, acoustics, effects, choosing mics and monitor speakers, and preventing hum. This best-selling guide also instructs how to mike instruments and vocals, judge recordings and improve them, work with MIDI and loops, do mastering, and put your music on the web. Two chapters cover live recording of classical and popular music.
New in the seventh edition:
- Complete update of all types of recording equipment, plug-ins, and recording software
- Increased focus on current industry and classroom trends like DAW signal flow and operation (during recording and mixdown), while still covering analog fundamentals
- Updated organization to focus and break up topics
- Updated tips on optimizing your computer for multitrack recording - for both Windows and Mac
- New sections on streaming audio, mobile-device recording, live recording with digital consoles, and psychoacoustics
- Listen Online boxes highlight where audio samples on the website relate to chapter discussions
- Updated companion website with audio examples, articles, and suggested activities, plus expanded and more user-friendly links to the best sites for videos and articles, recording techniques, equipment, and other learning resources. Instructors can download figures from the book, the audio files, and a test bank
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Focal Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317445623 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|