Presenting an Effective and Dynamic Technical Paper: A Guidebook for Novice and Experienced Speakers in a Multicultural World is intended for inexperienced speakers as well as those aspiring to improve their communication skills in making either formal or informal presentations on a technical subject.
The book focuses on how to make presentations to a cross-cultural audience, including such tactics as how to list the names of the co-authors on your presentation, how to handle eye contact and use humor, both of which can differ across the global spectrum of cultures. The cross-cultural focus of this book relates not only to the audience, but also to the speaker. This book also includes helpful tips for non-native English speakers.
- Discusses best practices in putting together an effective talk
- Focuses on leveraging the speaker's existing skillsets to develop the delivery style that works best for that individual
- Features one-page quick reference guides for giving both formal oral and informal poster presentations
- Addresses cross-cultural communication, as well as particular concerns for non-native English speakers
- Includes a companion site with tools and video examples of formal and informal presentations for further self-guidance
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007685196 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|