This reference, written by leading authorities in the field, gives basic theory, implementation details, advanced research, and applications of RF and microwave in healthcare and biosensing. It first provides a solid understanding of the fundamentals with coverage of the basics of microwave engineering and the interaction between electromagnetic waves and biomaterials. It then presents the state-of-the-art development in microwave biosensing, implantable devices -including applications of microwave technology for sensing biological tissues - and medical diagnosis, along with applications involving remote patient monitoring. this book is an ideal reference for RF and microwave engineer working on, or thinking of working on, the applications of RF and Microwave technology in medicine and biology.
- The fundamentals of RF and microwave engineering in healthcare and biosensing
- How to combine biological and medical aspects of the field with underlying engineering concepts
- How to implement microwave biosensing for material characterization and cancer diagnosis
- Applications and functioning of wireless implantable biomedical devices and microwave non-contact biomedical radars
- How to combine devices, systems, and methods for new practical applications
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
- The first book to review the fundamentals, latest developments, and future trends in this important emerging field with emphasis on engineering aspects of sensing, monitoring, and diagnosis using RF and Microwave
- Extensive coverage of biosensing applications are included
- Written by leaders in the field, including members of the Technical Coordinating Committee of the Biological Effects and Medical Applications of the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society
|Size: ||15.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007660001 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|