How do you interpret a person's behavior during their interview? Some people say it's an innate quality that can't be taught. But anyone who's read Stan Walters' Principles of Kinesic Interview and Interrogation knows that is FALSE. The overwhelming success of the first edition and the numerous success stories credited to the book prove that the art of kinesic interview, or behavioral analysis, is indeed learnable, and Walters shows you how to master it.
Why are some interviewers more successful than others? Why do certain techniques work only part of the time? Why did the subject confess? Why didn't he confess? With information based on firsthand observations from over 900 interviews and interrogations, Principles of Kinesic Interview and Interrogation, Second Edition provides even more insight than the bestselling first edition into how people behave during interviews, what their behaviors reveal, and why they exhibit those mannerisms.
New to this edition:
· Extensive references, including law enforcement magazines and peer-reviewed journals
· 50% more high quality photos depicting various nonverbal symptoms
· Advances in the area of kinesic statement analysis, with more examples
· Discussion of the phenomenon of false confessions, including contributing factors
· A new chapter addressing the basic concepts of interview and interrogation, making the book more rounded and suitable for beginners
· A short section on schizophrenia, brain disease, clinical depression, and suicidal personalities and their behaviors
Explore the complex challenges of basic and advanced interview and interrogation techniques. Determine behavior from body language, speech, and written statements. Thousands of readers gained invaluable skills from the first ed
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2002|
|ISBN: ||9781420058413 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|