About This Book
- Get a deep understanding of OpenStack's internal structure and services
- Learn real-world examples on how to build and configure various production grade use cases for each of OpenStack's services
- Use a step-by-step approach to install and configure OpenStack's services to provide Compute, Storage, and Networking as a services for cloud workloads
Who This Book Is For
If you have a basic understanding of Linux and Cloud computing and want to learn about configurations that OpenStack supports, this is the book for you. A prior knowledge of virtualization and managing Linux environments is assumed. A prior knowledge or experience of OpenStack is not required, although it is beneficial.
What You Will Learn
- Plan an installation of OpenStack with a basic configuration
- Deploy OpenStack in a highly available configuration
- Configure Keystone Identity services with multiple types of identity backends
- Configure Glance Image Store with File, NFS, Swift, or Ceph image backends and use local image caching
- Design Cinder to use a single storage provider such as the LVM, Ceph, and NFS backends, or to use multiple storage backends simultaneously
- Manage and configure the OpenStack networking backend
- Configure OpenStack's compute hypervisor and the instance scheduling mechanism
OpenStack is designed in a fully distributed architecture to provide Infrastructure as a Service, allowing you to maintain a massively scalable cloud infrastructure. OpenStack Configuration Cookbook provides a comprehensive and practical guide to the multiple use cases and configurations that OpenStack supports. The book goes deeper into deploying OpenStack in a highly available configuration. You'll then configure Keystone Identity services using LDAP, Active Directory, or the MySQL identity provider and configure a caching layer and SSL. After that, you will configure storage backend providers for Glance and Cinder, which will include Ceph, NFS, Swift, and local storage. Finally, you will configure Horizon to use Apache HTTPD and SSL, and you will customize the dashboard's appearance.
Style and approach
This book consists of clear, concise instructions coupled with practical and applicable recipes that will enable you to use and implement the latest features of OpenStack.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781783986910 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|