Put your web app design skills to work by learning how to create powerful and portable Chrome Apps. With this practical book, you'll learn how to build Google's unique apps to behave just like native apps so they can interact with hardware devices, access external files, and send notifications.
- Learn how to build, run, and debug Chrome Apps step-by-step
- Use Chrome Apps to access local files, sync files, and external files
- Take advantage of key-value-pair APIs, including sync storage and IndexedDB
- Use WebSockets, Google Cloud Messaging, and other networking methods
- Display graphics and images with Canvas, SVG, and the Media Galleries API
- Use alarms, context menus, location, the camera, Bluetooth, USB, and other APIs
- Publish apps to the Chrome Web Store with the Chrome Dev Editor
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781491905289 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|