This practical guide shows intermediate and advanced web and mobile app developers how to build highly scalable Java applications in the cloud with Google App Engine. The flagship of Google's Cloud Platform, App Engine hosts your app on infrastructure that grows automatically with your traffic, minimizing up-front costs and accommodating unexpected visitors. You'll learn hands-on how to perform common development tasks with App Engine services and development tools, including deployment and maintenance.
For Java applications, App Engine provides a J2EE standard servlet container with a complete Java 7 JVM and standard library. Because App Engine supports common Java API standards, your code stays clean and portable.
- Get a hands-on introduction to App Engine's tools and features, using an example application
- Simulate App Engine on your development machine directly from Eclipse
- Structure your app into individually addressable modules, each with its own scaling configuration
- Exploit the power of the scalable Cloud Datastore, using queries, transactions, and data modeling with JPA
- Use Cloud SQL for standard relational databases with App Engine applications
- Learn how to deploy, manage, and inspect your application on Google infrastructure
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781491903452 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|