Extend your programming skills with a comprehensive study of the key features of SQL Server 2008. Delve into the new core capabilities, get practical guidance from expert developers, and put their code samples to work. This is a must-read for Microsoft .NET and SQL Server developers who work with data access—at the database, business logic, or presentation levels.
Discover how to:
- Query complex data with powerful Transact-SQL enhancements
- Use new, non-relational features: hierarchical tables, native file streaming, and geospatial capabilities
- Exploit XML inside the database to design XML-aware applications
- Consume and deliver your data using Microsoft LINQ, Entity Framework, and data binding
- Implement database-level encryption and server auditing
- Build and maintain data warehouses
- Use Microsoft Excel to build front ends for OLAP cubes, and MDX to query them
- Integrate data mining into applications quickly and effectively.
Get code samples on the Web.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Microsoft Press|
|Date published: || 2008|
|ISBN: ||2370006794066 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|