Prosthetic Restoration and Rehabilitation of the Upper and Lower Extremity is a well-illustrated, state-of-the-art reference on the science and practice of post-amputation care, prosthetic restoration, and functional rehabilitation, designed to maximize patient independence and quality of life. Chapters are written by physiatrists, prosthetists, surgeons, and therapists at the University of Michigan, clinicians and teachers who work with amputees on a daily basis. Clinically oriented, it covers both lower and upper extremity restoration and rehabilitation and serves as a handy reference for busy practitioners to support sound clinical decision-making.
Beginning with basic anatomy, kinesiology, and a recap of surgical decisions principles and post-operative care for amputees, the book discusses biomechanics, clinical assessment, prosthetic options, how to write a complete and detailed prescription for the prosthesis, restoration and management of specific problems by region, and rehabilitation programs and strategies. Common medical issues such as phantom limb sensation and pain, skin problems, and sexual and psychological considerations are discussed as well. In-depth coverage of prosthetic restoration is provided for special populations such as infants, children, the elderly, athletes multi-extremity amputees, and those who have lost limbs to cancer. Chapters are written in expanded outline format for ease of use and feature numerous full-color diagrams, photos, and other illustrations. This text will guide physicians, trainees, and other members of the care team through the fundamentals of restoring function to individuals who have lost limbs or body parts.
- Provides a state-of-the-art, accessible, clinical approach to post-amputation care, prosthetic restoration, and functional rehabilitation
- Covers both upper and lower extremities
- Addresses prostheses for special populations and sports and recreation
- Includes boxed clinical pearls at the start of each chapter, illustrated quick reference tables, and full-color photos throughout
- Supports clinical decision making and addresses practical questions and problems
- Advises on new requirements for Medicare and Medicaid patients, and includes patient education materials and sample prescription forms that can be customized for use in any clinic
- Outlines important information for returning to the community after amputation
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||86.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||2370006810056 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|