About This Book
- Learn the process of installing, configuring, and managing Proxmox clusters
- Explore ways of integrating various storage systems with Proxmox
- Step-by-step and easy-to-learn instructions to build virtual environments of any size using Proxmox
Who This Book Is For
This book is perfect for system administrators who want to learn to implement and administer Proxmox VE environments. Since this book will not cover the basics of Proxmox, a basic understanding of virtualization and networking with Proxmox VE is required.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure an enterprise grade, cluster-based virtual environment using Proxmox
- Manage a cluster with the graphical user interface using datacenter, node, KVM, and OpenVZ menus among others
- Configure and manage the built-in Proxmox firewall to protect your virtual environment
- Integrate storage systems such as Ceph, Gluster, and ZFS for virtual machine management to suit your business needs
- Upgrade a Proxmox node with new releases and apply update patches through the GUI or CLI
- Monitor the resources and virtual machines to maintain performance and uptime
Proxmox VE's intuitive interface, High Availability, and unique central management system puts it on par with the world's best virtualization platforms and makes it the foremost choice for most system administrators.
Starting with a step-by-step installation of Proxmox nodes along with an illustrated tour of the Proxmox graphical user interface, this book will get you up and running with the mechanisms of Proxmox VE. Various entities such as cluster, storage, and firewall are also covered in an easy-to-understand format. You will then explore various backup solutions and restore mechanisms. Finally, we will walk through some advanced configurations for VM followed by a list of commands used for the Proxmox and Ceph clusters through the CLI.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006799610 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|