Publishing Law is an authoritative and engaging guide to a wide range of legal issues affecting publishing today.
Hugh Jones and Christopher Benson present readers with clear and accessible guidance to the complex legal areas specific to the ever evolving world of contemporary publishing, including copyright, moral rights, contracts and licensing, privacy, confidentiality, defamation, infringement and trademarks, with analysis of legal issues relating to sales, advertising, marketing, distribution and competition.
This new fifth edition presents updated coverage of the key principles of copyright , as well as new copyright exceptions, licensing and open access. There is also further in-depth coverage of the legal issues around the sale of digital content.
Key features of the fifth edition include:
- updated coverage of EU and UK copyright, including a new chapter on copyright exceptions following the significant changes in the 2014 Regulations
- Comprehensive coverage of publishing contracts with authors, as well as with other providers, including translators, contributors and contracts for subsidiary rights
- up to date coverage of the Defamation Act 2013, and other changes to EU and UK legislation
- exploration of the legal issues relating to digital publishing, including eBook and other electronic agreements, data protection and online issues in relation to privacy, and copyright infringement
- a range of summary checklists on key issues, ranging from copyright ownership to promotion and data protection
- useful appendices offering an A to Z glossary of legal terms and lists of useful address and further reading.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.8 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317570974 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|