About This Book
- Stop writing scripts and start architecting programs
- Learn the latest Python syntax and libraries
- A practical, hands-on tutorial that teaches you all about abstract design patterns and how to implement them in Python 3
Who This Book Is For
If you're new to object-oriented programming techniques, or if you have basic Python skills and wish to learn in depth when to correctly apply object-oriented programming in Python to design software, this is the book for you.
What You Will Learn
- Implement objects in Python by creating classes and defining methods
- Separate related objects into a taxonomy of classes and describe the properties and behaviors of those objects via the class interface
- Extend class functionality by using inheritance
- Understand when to use object-oriented features, and more importantly, when not to use them
- Discover what design patterns are and why they are different in Python
- Uncover the simplicity of unit testing and why it's so important in Python
- Grasp common concurrency techniques and pitfalls in Python 3
- Explore the new AsyncIO module for developing massively concurrent network systems
Python 3 Object-oriented Programming, Second Edition, explains classes, data encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, abstraction, and exceptions with an emphasis on when you can use each principle to develop well-designed software. It will not only guide you to create maintainable applications by studying higher level design patterns but will also help you grasp the complexities of string and file manipulation, and how Python distinguishes between binary and textual data. As a bonus, you will also discover the joys of unit testing and the complexities of concurrent programming.
This book is packed with updated content to reflect recent changes to the core Python library that were not available when the highly rated first edition was originally published. It has also been restructured and reorganized to improve the flow of knowledge and enhance the reading experience.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781784395957 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|