About This Book
- The book is packed with simple and concise Python code examples to effectively demonstrate advanced concepts in action
- Explore concepts such as programming, data mining, data analysis, data visualization, and machine learning using Python
- Get up to speed on machine learning algorithms with the help of easy-to-follow, insightful recipes
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for all levels of data science professionals, both students and practitioners from novice to experts. Different recipes in the chapters cater to the needs of different audiences. Novice readers can spend some time in getting themselves acquainted with data science in the first five chapters. Experts can refer to the later chapters to refer/understand how advanced techniques are implemented using Python. The book covers just enough mathematics and provides the necessary references for computer programmers who wish to understand data science. People from a non-Python background can effectively use this book. The first chapter of the book introduces Python as a programming language for data science. It will be helpful if you have some prior basic programming experience. The book is mostly self-contained and introduces data science to a new reader and can help him become an expert in this trade.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the complete range of data science algorithms
- Manage and use Python libraries such as numpy, scipy, scikit learn, and matplotlib effectively
- Take a look at advanced regression methods for model building and variable selection
- Develop a thorough understanding of the underlying concepts and implementation of ensemble methods
- Solve real-world problems using a variety of different datasets from numerical and text data modalities
- Become accustomed to modern state-of-the art algorithms such as gradient boosting, random forest, rotation forest, and more
Python is increasingly becoming the language for data science.
This book will walk you through the various concepts, starting from simple algorithms, to the most complex available in the data science arsenal, to effectively mine data and derive intelligence from it.
The book begins by introducing you to the use of Python for data science, followed by how to work with Python environments. You will then learn how to analyze your data with Python. The book then teaches you about the concept of data mining, followed by extensive coverage of machine learning methods. It also covers the principles of shrinkage, ensemble methods, random forest, rotation forest, and extreme trees, which are must-haves for any successful data science professional.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007238033 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|