About This Book
- Discover the essential features of Python programming: statements, variables, expressions, and many of the built-in data types
- Use Python's standard library to do more sophisticated data gathering and analysis
- Written by a Python programming expert, with over 35 years' experience as a consultant, teacher, author and software developer
Who This Book Is For
This book is for secret agents who have some exposure to Python. A steady hand with a soldering iron is not required, but a skilled field agent should be able to assemble a working Arduino circuit to gather their own sensor data.
What You Will Learn
- Upgrade Python to the latest version and discover its latest and greatest tools
- Use Python libraries to extract data from log files in a way that is designed more for people to read than for automated analysis
- Summarize log files and extract meaningful information
- Gather data from social networking sites and leverage your experience of analyzing log files to summarize the data you find
- Extract text and images from social networking sites
- Parse the complex and confusing data structures in a PDF file to extract meaningful text that you can analyze
- Connect small, intelligent devices to your computer to use them as remote sensors
- Use Python to analyze measurements from sensors in order to calibrate them and use the sensors efficiently
Python is an easy-to-learn and extensible programming language which allows all manner of secret agents to work with a variety of data. Agents from beginners to seasoned veterans will benefit from Python's simplicity and sophistication. The standard library provides numerous packages that quickly move beyond simple beginner missions. The Python ecosystem of related packages and libraries supports deep information processing.
This book will guide you through the process of upgrading your Python-based toolset for intelligence gathering, analysis, and communication. You'll explore the ways in which Python is used to analyze web logs in order to discover the trail of activities that can be found in web and database servers. We'll also look at how we can use Python to discover details from social networks by looking at the data available on social networking websites.
Finally, you'll see how to extract history from PDF files, which opens up new sources of data, and you'll learn about the ways you can gather data using an Arduino-based sensor device.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785285431 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|