About This Book
- Design and implement efficient parallel software
- Master new programming techniques to address and solve complex programming problems
- Explore the world of parallel programming with this book, which is a go-to resource for different kinds of parallel computing tasks in Python, using examples and topics covered in great depth
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for software developers who want to use parallel programming techniques to write powerful and efficient code. After reading this book, you will be able to master the basics and the advanced features of parallel computing. The Python programming language is easy to use and allows nonexperts to deal with and easily understand the topics exposed in this book.
What You Will Learn
- Synchronize multiple threads and processes to manage parallel tasks
- Implement message passing communication between processes to build parallel applications
- Program your own GPU cards to address complex problems
- Manage computing entities to execute distributed computational tasks
- Write efficient programs by adopting the event-driven programming model
- Apply parallel programming techniques to improve an application's performance
Parallel programming techniques are required for a developer to get the best use of all the computational resources available today to build efficient software systems. From multicore to GPU systems up to distributed architectures, the high computation of programs requires the use of programming tools and software libraries.
Starting by introducing you to the world of parallel computing, the book moves on to cover the fundamentals of Python. This is followed by exploring the thread-based parallelism model, using the Python threading module by synchronizing threads and using locks, mutex, semaphores queues, GIL, and the thread pool.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785286728 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|