Radiation Detectors for Medical Imaging discusses the current state of the art and future prospects of photon-counting detectors for medical imaging applications. Featuring contributions from leading experts and pioneers in their respective fields, this book:
- Describes x-ray spectral imaging detectors based on cadmium zinc telluride (CdZnTe) and cadmium telluride (CdTe) materials
- Presents novel computed tomography (CT) and x-ray clinical applications of photon-counting detectors
- Considers the future use of CT scanners as both an anatomical and a functional modality in areas typically reserved for nuclear medicine techniques
- Addresses pulse pileup, incomplete charge collection, and other phenomena that can degrade the spectral response of photon-counting detectors
- Examines silicon photomultipliers used in single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and positron emission tomography (PET) systems
Radiation Detectors for Medical Imaging explores cutting-edge technologies that play a vital role in the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of major human diseases, including heart disease and cancer-the top killers in developed countries.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||24.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781498766821 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|