About This Book
- Implement real LED-based projects for Raspberry Pi
- Learn to interface various LED modules such as LEDs, 7-segment, 4-digits 7 segment, and dot matrix to Raspberry Pi
- Get hands-on experience by exploring real-time LEDs with this project-based book
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those who want to learn how to build Raspberry Pi projects utilizing LEDs. You will also learn to implement these modules in real applications, including interfacing with wireless modules and the Android mobile app. However, you don't need to have any previous experience with the Raspberry Pi or Android platforms.
What You Will Learn
- Control LEDs, 7-segment displays, and 4-digit 7-segment display from a Raspberry Pi
- Expand Raspberry Pi's GPIO
- Build a countdown timer
- Build a digital clock display
- Display numbers and characters on dot matrix displays
- Build a traffic light controller
- Build a remote home light controller with a Bluetooth low energy module and Android
- Build mobile Internet-controlled lamps with a wireless module and Android
Controlling a blinking LED is a popular way to get started with embedded development. By customizing and utilizing LED-based modules for the Raspberry Pi board, exciting projects can be created.
An LED is a simple actuator device that displays lighting and can be easily controlled using Raspberry Pi. This book provides you with the ability to control LEDs from Raspberry Pi, starting from describing an idea, through designing to implementing several projects based on LEDs. Beginning with step-by-step instructions on installation and configuration, this book can either be read from cover to cover or treated as an essential reference companion to your Raspberry Pi. Sample projects for the application are provided, such as a countdown timer, a digital clock, a traffic light controller, a remote light controller, and an LED-based Internet of Things.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785289330 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|