About This Book
- Learn to implement a number of features offered by Raspberry Pi to build your own amazing robots
- Understand how to add vision and voice to your robots.
- This fast-paced practical guide comprises a number of creative projects to take your Raspberry Pi knowledge to the next level
Who This Book Is For
If you have a fancy for building complex-looking robots with simple, inexpensive, and readily available hardware, then this book is ideal for you. Prior understanding of Raspberry Pi with simple mechanical systems is recommended.
What You Will Learn
- Add sensors to your robot so that it can sense the world around it
- Know everything there is to know about accessing motors and servos to provide movement to the robotic platform
- Explore the feature of adding vision to your robot so it can "see" the world around it
- Refine your robot with speech recognition so that it can receive commands
- Polish your robot by adding speech output so it can communicate with the world around it
- Maximize the use of servos in Raspberry Pi to create a drawing robot
- Empower your robot with wireless communication skills so you can see what the robot is seeing and control it from a distance
- Build an unbelievable autonomous hexcopter controlled by Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pis are a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation with the intention of promoting the teaching of basic computer science in schools. Raspberry Pi has been hugely popular among hardware hobbyists for various projects, including robotics.
This book gives you an insight into implementing several creative projects using the peripherals provided by Raspberry Pi. To start, we'll walk through the basic robotics concepts that the world of Raspberry Pi offers us, implementing wireless communication to control our robot from a distance. Next, we demonstrate how to build a sensible and visionary robot, maximizing the use of sensors and step controllers. After that, we focus on building a wheeled robot that can draw and play hockey. To finish with a bang, we'll build an autonomous hexcopter, a flying robot controlled by Raspberry Pi.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007166756 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|