Rationality: Contexts and Constraints is an interdisciplinary reappraisal of the nature of rationality. In method, it is pluralistic, drawing upon the analytic approaches of philosophy, linguistics, neuroscience, and more. These methods guide exploration of the intersection between traditional scholarship and cutting-edge philosophical or scientific research. In this way, the book contributes to development of a suitably revised, comprehensive understanding of rationality, one that befits the 21st century, one that is adequately informed by recent investigations of science, pathology, non-human thought, emotion, and even enigmatic Chinese texts that might previously have seemed to be expressions of irrationalism.
- Addresses recent challenges and Identifies a direction for future research on rationality
- Investigates the relationship between rationality and mental disorders, such as delusion and depression
- Assesses reasoning in artificial intelligence and nonhuman animals
- Reflects on ancient Chinese Philosophy and possible cultural differences in human psychology
- Employs philosophical reflection, along with linguistic, probabilistic, and logical techniques
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007620104 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|