About This Book
- This book will help you to process analytical and transactional data in real time with the help of SAP HANA.
- Walk through the steps of the data modeling process and build various data models and artifacts in SAP HANA Studio.
- Packed with rich examples and use cases that are closely focused on developing real-time applications.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a SAP HANA data modeler, developer, implementation/migration consultant, project manager, or an architect who is responsible for implementing/migrating to SAP HANA, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the basic building blocks of Analytics/Data models in the SAP HANA environment
- Discover various schemas, modeling principles, JOINS, and the architecture of the SAP HANA engine
- Build data models and artifacts in SAP HANA Studio
- Design decision tables and understand the concept of transport management in the SAP HANA landscape
- Work with different views in SAP HANA Studio
- Explore Full Text Search and Fuzzy Search in SAP HANA
- Create your own scenarios and use cases using sample data and code
SAP HANA is an in-memory database created by SAP. It overcome traditional database barriers to simplify IT landscapes, eliminating data preparation, pre-aggregation, and tuning.
Starting with data modeling, this fast-paced guide shows you how to add a system to SAP HANA Studio and create a schema, packages, and delivery unit. Moving on, you'll develop an understanding of real-time replication via SLT and learn how to use SAP HANA Studio to perform this. You'll also take a quick look at the SAP Business Object Data service and SAP Direct Extractor for Data Load. After that, you will learn to create HANA artifactsâ€•Analytical Privileges and Calculation View. At the end of the book, we will explore the SMART DATA access option and the AFL library, and finally deliver pre-packaged functionality that can be used to build information models faster and easier.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||6.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781782174127 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|