Statistical Analysis for the Reliability Engineering Professional
Effectively conduct reliability analysis using the world's leading statistical software. Reliability Analysis with Minitab? outlines statistical concepts and applications, explains the theory of probability, reliability analysis, and quality improvement, and provides step-by-step instruction on the use of Minitab. Minitab introduces reliability analysis tools that can be used to perform tasks that range from checking the distribution fit of lifetime data to estimating the warranty costs of a product.
Perform the Analyses Needed to Minimize Product Failures and Reduce Costs
Chock full of examples that include numerous case studies and over 200 screenshots, this book is a comprehensive guide to quality and reliability in the service and manufacturing industries. It illustrates the shapes of the most commonly used statistical distributions in reliability analysis, and in simple language demonstrates concepts that include parametric reliability analysis, nonparametric reliability analysis, warranty analysis, accelerated life testing, reliability test plans, and probit analysis.
Illustrating the application of Minitab for reliability analysis, this book explains how to:
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
- Perform reliability analysis of a product with right-censored and exact failure time data
- Complete reliability analysis of a product with arbitrarily censored failure time data
- Achieve nonparametric reliability analysis of a product
- Predict the amount of money that is needed to cover the warranty costs for products in a specific period of time in the future
- Analyze the results from accelerated life testing on two different products
- Determine the reliability test sample size when the test time and the number of failures are constrained
- Regulate the testing time when test sample size and the number of failures are constrained
- Compare the reliabilities of parts from different vendors
- Test whether the reliability of a product depends on certain factors
- Predict the stress level at which a product will fail after a certain test period
|Size: ||19.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498737678 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|