About This Book
- Get to grips with the portable Java APIs used for JSON processing
- Design solutions to produce, consume, and visualize RESTful web services using WADL, RAML, and Swagger
- A step-by-step guide packed with many real-life use-cases to help you build efficient and secure RESTful web APIs in Java
Who This Book Is For
If you are a web developer with a basic understanding of RESTful concepts, but are new to the idea of designing and developing RESTful web services, this is the book for you. As all the code samples for the book are written in Java, proficiency in Java is a must.
What You Will Learn
- Introduce yourself to the RESTful software architectural style and REST API design principles
- Make use of the JSR 353 APIs and Jackson API for JSON processing
- Build portable RESTful web APIs, making use of the JAX-RS 2.0 API
- Simplify API development using the Jersey extension APIs
- Secure your RESTful web services with various authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Get to grips with the various metadata solutions to describe, produce, and consume RESTful web services
- Understand the design and coding guidelines for building high-performance RESTful APIs
This book is a guide to developing RESTful web services in Java using the popular REST framework APIs available today. You will begin by gaining an in-depth knowledge of the RESTful software architectural style and its relevance in modern applications. You will then look at the APIs to parse, generate, transform, and query JSON effectively. This book will introduce you to the Jersey framework API, which is used to simplify your web services. You will get to grips with various solutions to describe, produce, consume, and visualize RESTful web services. Finally, you will see how to design your web services to prepare them for future technological advances.
By the end of this book, you will be able to efficiently build robust, scalable, and secure RESTful web services, making use of the JAX-RS and Jersey framework extensions.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006809692 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|