Learn how to assess students in a way that truly impacts learning. In Rigor and Assessment in the Classroom, bestselling author Barbara R. Blackburn provides a broad range of practical strategies for increasing the rigor and usefulness of your formative and summative assessments. You'll discover how to...
- Create an environment where students are expected to learn at high levels;
- Evaluate and check student learning in a way that ensures growth;
- Strengthen the validity and reliability of your assessments;
- Plan assessments in conjunction with planning the instruction;
- Differentiate assessments to increase the rigor for all students;
- Enhance the effectiveness of your grading system and feedback;
- Use performance-based assessment to enhance rigor; and
- Design clear, reader-friendly rubrics and scoring guides.
Each chapter includes ready-to-use tools, examples across the subject areas, and "Think About It" questions to help you reflect on what you've read. Many of the tools are also offered as free eResources at www.routledge.com/9781138936140, so you can easily print and distribute them for classroom use.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.7 MB|
|Date published: || 2017|
|ISBN: ||9781317386926 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|