Absolutely no experience needed! Learn robot building from the ground up, hands-on, in full color!
Love robots? Start building them. It's way easier than you ever imagined!
John Baichtal has helped thousands of people get started with robotics. He knows what beginners need to know. He knows your questions. He knows where you might need extra help. Now, he's brought together this practical knowledge in one incredibly easy tutorial.
Hundreds of full-color photos guide you through every step, every skill. You'll start simple, as you build a working robot in the very first chapter. Then, you'll grow your skills to expert-level: powering motors, configuring sensors, constructing a chassis, even programming low-cost Arduino microcontrollers.
You'll learn hands-on, through real step-by-step projects…and go straight to the cutting-edge with in-depth sidebars. Wondering just how much you can really do? Baichtal shows you 30 incredible robots built by people just like you!
John Baichtal's books about toys, tools, robots, and hobby electronics include Hack This: 24 Incredible Hackerspace Projects from the DIY Movemen t; Basic Robot Building With Lego Mindstorms NXT 2. 0; Arduino for Beginners; MAKE: Lego and Arduino Projects for MAKE (as coauthor); and the forthcoming Building Your Own Drones: The Beginner's Guide to UAVs and ROVs. A founding member of the pioneering Twin Cities Maker hackerspace, he got his start writing for Wired's legendary GeekDad blog, and for DIYer bible MAKE Magazine.
- Make your robots move with motors and wheels
- Build solar-powered robots that work without batteries
- Control robots via Wi-Fi, radio, or even across the Internet
- Program robots to respond to sensor inputs
- Use your standard TV remote to control your robots
- Create robots that detect intruders and shoot them with Nerf darts
- Grab and carry objects using claws and grippers
- Build water-borne robots that float, submerge, and "swim"
- Create "artbots" that paint or draw original artworks
- Enable your robots to send text messages when they take specific actions
- Discover today's new generation of hobbyist-friendly robotics kits
- Organize your ultimate robot-builder's toolbox
- Master simple safety routines that protect you whatever you're building
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||34.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Que Publishing|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9780133447859 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|