Rotary Kilns-rotating industrial drying ovens-are used for a wide variety of applications including processing raw minerals and feedstocks as well as heat-treating hazardous wastes. They are particularly critical in the manufacture of Portland cement. Their design and operation is critical to their efficient usage, which if done incorrectly can result in improperly treated materials and excessive, high fuel costs. This professional reference book will be the first comprehensive book in many years that treats all engineering aspects of rotary kilns, including a thorough grounding in the thermal and fluid principles involved in their operation, as well as how to properly design an engineering process that uses rotary kilns.
This new edition contains an updated CFD section with inclusion of recent case studies and in line with recent developments covers pyrolysis processes, torrefaction of biomass, application of rotary kilns in C02 capture and information on using rotary kilns as incinerators for hydrocarbons.
- Provides essential information on fluid flow, granular flow, mixing and segregation, and aerodynamics during turbulent mixing and recirculation
- Gives guidance on which fuels to choose, including options such as natural gas versus coal-fired rotary kilns
- Covers principles of combustion and flame control, heat transfer and heating and material balances
- New edition contains information on pyrolysis processes with low temperatures and torrefaction of biomass. It also covers calcination of petcoke, how rotary kilns are used as incinerators for chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- Includes updated material on CFD simulation of kiln gas and solids flow with a selection of recent case studies.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.8 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007169757 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|