Sarcocystis is one of the most prevalent parasites of livestock and also infects many wild mammals, birds, and humans. Written by the authors who pioneered studies of Sarcocystosis of domestic animals, Sarcocystosis of Animals and Humans, Second Edition provides a current and comprehensive review of Sarcocystis and the infections it causes in animals and humans. The book reviews the history, structure, life cycle, pathogenesis, lesions, clinical signs, diagnosis, immunity, epidemiology, treatment, prevention, and control of Sarcocystosis.
See What's New in the Second Edition:
- New section on molecular diagnosis and DNA characterization of Sarcocystis species
- New section on clinical sarcocystosis outbreaks in humans is added with a summary of all reports, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment
- New section on acute fatal outbreaks of sarcocystosis in birds
- Complete description of the life cycles of all Sarcocystis species
- List of all species whose life cycles are known
- Comprehensive information on diagnosis, including molecular diagnosis
- Additional information on zoonoses
- In-depth coverage of treatment, control, and prevention
Maintaining the format that made the first edition so popular, this new edition covers recent developments and excludes information that has become redundant. The authors include all literature and provide a comprehensive review of biology, clinical disease, economic losses, public health concerns, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. They have tabulated information on all Sarcocystis species by host and listed species that should be considered species inquirende/invalid.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||108.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781498710152 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|