Enhance Your Students' Mathematical Problem-Solving Ability
Scientific Computing with MATLAB?, Second Edition improves students' ability to tackle mathematical problems. It helps students understand the mathematical background and find reliable and accurate solutions to mathematical problems with the use of MATLAB, avoiding the tedious and complex technical details of mathematics. This edition retains the structure of its predecessor Solving Applied Mathematical Problems with MATLAB? while expanding and updating the content of each chapter.
Based on the authors' extensive teaching, research, and industrial experiences, the text adheres to the following course sequence:
- An overview of the computer languages suitable for mathematics
- Fundamentals of MATLAB programming
- Calculus problems
- Linear algebra problems
- Integral transforms and complex variable functions
- Nonlinear equations and optimization problems
- Differential equations problems
- Data interpolation and functional approximation problems
- Probability and statistics problems
- Nontraditional methods, such as fuzzy logic, rough sets, neural networks, evolution algorithms, wavelets, and fractional calculus
The book bridges the gap between problems and solutions through well-grouped topics and clear MATLAB example scripts and reproducible MATLAB-generated plots. Students can effortlessly experiment with the scripts for a deep, hands-on exploration. Each chapter also includes a set of problems to strengthen understanding of the material.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||40.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Chapman and Hall/CRC|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498757782 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|