The #1 Step-by-Step Guide to Search Marketing Success...
Now Updated and Reorganized to Help You Drive Even More Value
For years, Search Engine Marketing, Inc. has been the definitive practical guide to driving value from search. Now, Mike Moran and Bill Hunt have completely rewritten their best-seller to present valuable new strategies, best practices, and lessons from experience.
Their revamped and reorganized Third Edition introduces a holistic approach that integrates organic and paid search, and complements them both with social media. This new approach can transform the way you think about search, plan it, and profit from it.
Moran and Hunt address every business, writing, and technical element of successful search engine marketing. Whatever your background, they help you fill your skills gaps and leverage the experience you already have.
You'll learn how search engines and search marketing work today, and how to segment searchers based on their behavior, successfully anticipating what they're looking for. You'll walk through formulating your custom program: identifying goals, assessing where you stand, estimating costs, choosing strategy, and gaining buy-in. Next, you'll focus on execution: identifying challenges, diagnosing and fixing problems, measuring performance, and continually improving your program. You'll learn how to
- Focus relentlessly on business value, not tactics
- Overcome the obstacles that make search marketing so challenging
- Get into your searcher's mind, and discover how her behavior may change based on situation or device
- Understand what happens technically when a user searches—and make the most of that knowledge
- Create a focused program that can earn the support it will need to succeed
- Clarify your goals and link them to specific measurements
- Craft search terms and copy that attracts your best prospects and customers
- Optimize content by getting writers and tech people working together
- Address the critical challenges of quality in both paid and organic search
- Avoid overly clever tricks that can destroy your effectiveness
- Identify and resolve problems as soon as they emerge
- Redesign day-to-day operating procedures to optimize search performance
Whether you're a marketer, tech professional, product manager, or content specialist, this guide will help you define realistic goals, craft a best-practices program for achieving them, and implement it flawlessly.
NEW COMPANION WEBSITE PACKED WITH TOOLS AND RESOURCES
SEMincBook.com includes exclusive tools, deeper explorations of key search management techniques, and updates on emerging trends in the field
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||IBM Press|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9780133039214 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|