The theory and practice of the non-linear optics of silicon are inextricably linked with a variety of areas of solid state physics, particularly semiconductor physics. However, the current literature linking these fields is scattered across various sources and is lacking in depth. Second Order Non-linear Optics of Silicon and Silicon Nanostructures describes the physical properties of silicon as they apply to non-linear optics while also covering details of the physics of semiconductors.
The book contains six chapters that focus on:
- The physical properties and linear optics of silicon
- Basic theoretical concepts of reflected second harmonics (RSH)
- The authors' theory of the generation of RSH at the non-linear medium-linear medium interface
- An analytical review of work on the non-linear optics of silicon
- The results of non-linear optical studies of silicon nanostructures
- A theory of photoinduced electronic processes in semiconductors and their influence on RSH generation
The book also includes methodological problems and a significant amount of reference data. It not only reflects the current state of research but also provides a single, thorough source of introductory information for those who are becoming familiar with non-linear optics. Second Order Non-linear Optics of Silicon and Silicon Nanostructures is a valuable contribution to the fields of non-linear optics, semiconductor physics, and microelectronics, as well as a useful resource for a wide range of readers, from undergraduates to researchers.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||11.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498785938 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|